Instant Pot Texas Brisket Chili
Instant Pot Texas Brisket Chili is an all-beef, no-bean chili cooked in broth, chiles, spices, tomatoes, plus a dash of liquid smoke until meltingly tender.
Servings 6 servings of about 2 cups
- 3 pounds beef brisket cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and minced
- 1 red chili pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoked
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth low- sodium
Click saute on Instant Pot and adjust to High.
Once it reads Hot, add oil and saute the onions and peppers until tender, for 4-6 minutes.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Cover and lock the lid, make sure the valve is also closed.
Pressure cook for 30 minutes, followed by 15 min Natural Pressure Release and after that open the valve to release the remaining pressure.
If the chili is too liquidy, add a mixture of cornstarch and water (1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water, add on Saute and bring to a boil).
Serve with just a bit of parsley, sour cream, and diced red chili peppers on top.
- This dish definitely gets better the next day, so we recommend making it a day ahead to really let the flavors marry!
- If you have, use the IP’s Sauté feature to sear the beef cubes. That brown, flavor-packed crust will melt into your sauce and make it richer!
- Bacon is optional but HIGHLY recommended. A lot of recipes include intensifying the savory and smoky flavors.
- If you can find Texas chili powder where you are, get some and use it here! What makes it unique is that it already has other seasonings mixed in, like Mexican oregano and cumin.
- Black coffee may sound like a strange addition, but trust us, it adds an unbelievable depth to the sauce.
Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 1593mg | Potassium: 1504mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4468IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 9mg