Air Fryer French Toast
Air Fryer French Toast is soaked in a spiced, sweet cream custard then air-fried until beautifully golden and crispy. No oil needed and ready in minutes!
Servings 8 slices
- 8-10 slices brioche bread thickly sliced
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees F.
In a large shallow bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Dip both sides of the bread into the egg mixture, soak for a few minutes.
Place the bread in the preheated air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes or until the bread is golden and crispy in color.
Repeat with other slices of bread.
Serve with berries, powdered sugar, and maple syrup.
- Your bread slices should be thick, so they can soak up a lot of that delicious custard without getting mushy and falling apart.
- Also, try your hand at making everything from scratch— bake up your own homemade brioche!
- Don’t skip the preheating part. This way, the custardy bread starts to cook up the moment you close the air-fryer lid. This helps you get crisp, not mushy toasts.
- In addition, you can use pure white or pure brown sugar if you don’t have both.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 194IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg