Crispy Air Fryer Onion Rings
Air Fryer Onion Rings are double-crusted and flavored with parmesan, paprika, and other seasonings before getting air-fried to crunchy, golden perfection.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 large sweet onions
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Peel the onions and cut them into ½ " thick slices. Separate slices gently so you don't break them.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, bread crumbs, salt, ranch, paprika, and cayenne pepper, stir.
In another medium bowl whisk the egg with buttermilk.
In a third medium bowl, toss together breadcrumbs, oil, and parmesan.
Dip each onion ring into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Dip it back into the egg mixture and finally into the panko bread crumb mixture pressing a bit.
Arrange them on a baking sheet in one layer. Spray each with cooking spray.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Place onion rings in the air fryer in a single layer and cook for 12-15 minutes or until crisp on the outside and golden.
Remove from the air fryer and repeat with the rest of the onion rings.
- If you don't have buttermilk, just mix the same amount of milk with about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Let it sit for 20 minutes and you will have buttermilk!
- Slice the onions into thick rings, so there’s a nice balance between the onions and the crunchy coating.
- Make sure to pre-heat the air fryer, so the rings start frying up the moment you close the basket. Otherwise, they will be soggy.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 610mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 423IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg