Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry
Chicken and Cabbage Stir Fry with carrots is flavored with onions, spices, herbs, and a touch of tomato paste for a fast and flavorful weeknight meal.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 medium cabbage sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- Salt pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
Warm-up a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add olive oil and once hot add the chicken. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until nicely browned.
Add the onion, carrots, garlic, paprika, oregano and basil, and tomato paste to the chicken. Stir, and then sauté for another 5 minutes.
Add the cabbage stir and cook for five more minutes.
Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and stir everything together. Cook without the lid, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes, or until there is no liquid remaining.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 887mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4240IU | Vitamin C: 63mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 2mg