Slow Cooker Cabbage and Sausage
Slow Cooker Cabbage and Sausage is a fabulous medley of kielbasa, vegetables, and spices brightened up with apple cider vinegar.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large head green cabbage about 8-10 cups
- 1 12 oz package smoked sausage cut into ½ inch slices - Polska Kielbasa works great
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cut the cabbage in half through the stem remove and discard the core
Chop the cabbage into 1-inch square pieces and add to the slow cooker.
Cut the sausage into rounds. Add a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, cook the sausage pieces until browned, save the grease.
Add the sausage, grease, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and other seasonings. Stir to combine.
Cook on high for 3 hours. If you want a crisper cabbage dish, cook for 2.5 hours on high.
Stir, serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1585mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 497IU | Vitamin C: 88mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg