Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken is made with tender chicken tights soaked in a sweet and savory sauce that is bursting with pineapple flavors.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless and skinless - cut into 1-2 inch pieces, or chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks do NOT drain
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 green onions sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Slivered almonds
Place a large skillet over high-heat and add some oil, once hot, sear the chicken pieces until browned.
Place the thighs in the crockpot.
Add the rest of the ingredients on top.
Cover with the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the cornstarch slurry. Close the lid and let it cook for 30 more minutes.
Serve it warm over some white rice and veggies on the side.
Calories: 766kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 223mg | Sodium: 1273mg | Potassium: 973mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 1575IU | Vitamin C: 128mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg