Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken is a dish made with tender chunks of white meat in a vibrant and flavorful sauce, cooked to perfection using the crockpot.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or canola oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast or chicken thighs - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
Add all the ingredients up to the Cornstarch Slurry to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cook on low for 7 hours or on High for 3 hours.
In a small bowl mix the Cornstarch Slurry ingredients until combined. Add the mixture to the slow cooker, stir, cover, and cook for another 30 minutes.
Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 836mg | Potassium: 929mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg