Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
Jerk Chicken screams summer in every bite! It is so flavorful yet so easy to make! Gather all the ingredients and start cooking this perfect Caribbean dish!
Servings 5 servings
- 10 chicken pieces bone-in and skin-on thighs and legs work great - use about 3 lbs and trim excess fat and skin
- 6 green onions roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeds and stem removed
- 2 red chiles seeds and stem removed
- 1 1/2 - inch piece ginger peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce reduced-sodium
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lime zested
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Place chicken pieces in a gallon-size Ziploc resealable bag.
Add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse to chop until you get to a coarse consistency, do not make it into a sauce.
Pour the mixture over the chicken, press out excess air and close the bag. Shake it well to get the marinade on all the chicken pieces. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Remove chicken from marinade and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet, make sure the pieces do not touch each other.
Bake it until cooked through, for about 45 - 50 minutes, and broil during the last few minutes until it is just crispy on the outside, watch it closely to not burn it.
Preheat a gas grill to about 400 degrees.
Make sure you clean the grates and rub them lightly with oil.
Arrange the chicken on the grill and cook, turning occasionally for about 30 minutes.
Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 817mg | Potassium: 614mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 833IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg