Overnight Salad or Seven Layer Salad
Overnight Salad, also known as seven-layer salad, is a classic with its ease of preparation and abundance of delicious flavors and textures!
Servings 12 servings as a side dish
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 8 hard-boiled eggs cooled, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas defrosted
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 slices bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Place lettuce on the bottom of a large bowl or you can also use a 9x13 casserole dish.
Top with the first 5 ingredients, uniformly layering each other on top of the other.
Next, top with half of the bacon and drizzle half of the dressing on top.
Layer the remaining ingredients in the following order: defrosted peas, diced tomatoes, diced green onions, and the cranberries.
Spread the remaining dressing on top to seal the edges and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Cover the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Top with the remaining chopped bacon and chopped green onions before serving.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 535mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1192IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 2mg