Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Sliders
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Sliders are braised for 4-8 hours until fall-apart tender. Shredded, and topped with crunchy slaw, spicy lime crema, and served with grilled pineapple.
Servings 8 sliders
- 2 lbs. boneless pork roast
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup beer I used a dark beer
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 6 slider buns
- 6 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 cup red cabbage chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
Spicy Lime Crema:
- 1 cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chili powder more or less depending on how spicy you want it
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
Add the pork to the slow cooker, with the fattier side facing up.
Add the onion and pour the pineapple juice and beer on top.
Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH. When done cooking, the pork should shred apart very easily, cook more if needed.
Using two forks, shred the pork directly in the slow cooker, and allow it to soak up the flavorful liquid.
Place a large pan over medium-high heat, and sear the pork until it darkens in color and gets a crispier exterior.
Top sliders with pork, coleslaw, and drizzle with spicy lime cream.
Serve with grilled pineapple and lime wedges on the side, garnish with cilantro.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg