Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Grilled Shrimp Tacos are bursting with flavor from the grilled shrimp, tangy slaw, and spicy-lime crema!
Servings 8 tacos
- 2 lbs shrimp thawed peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage chopped
- 1 green apple cut into thin sticks
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
Spicy Lime Crema:
- 1 cup Mexican Crema
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chili powder use more or less based on own preference
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 16 flour tortillas taco size
- 1 avocado deseeded and chopped
- 8 tablespoons Pico de Gallo
Preheat the grill, clean the grates oil them. Also, you can use a cast iron grill pan and prepare the shrimp on the stove.
Turn the grill or the stove to medium heat/
Wrap the tortillas foil and place over the cooler side of the grill to heat up. Flip the stack once or twice.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, orange juice, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl, add the vinegar mixture and toss to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until ready to serve. Toss again before serving.
Grill the Shrimp:
Evenly arrange the shrimp onto skewers.
Mix in a small bowl the seasoning: Cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder.
Brush shrimp with olive oil on both sides and season liberally with the seasoning mixture.
Place on the heated grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Remove from heat and using a for slide the shrimp off the skewers into a bowl.
Arrange tortillas on a serving platter. Two tortillas per taco.
Divide the grilled shrimp equally between the tortillas.
Top with the crispy slaw and drizzle the spicy crema on top.
Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top, chopped avocado, and pico de gallo.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1495mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2111IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 6mg