Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken is flavorful, perfectly tender, creamy, and spiced, and also packed with healthy ingredients!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil separated
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger peel before mincing
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste use more or less
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs boneless/skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk do not use Lite
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce optional
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
Using the sauté function, once the IP reads hot, heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring for 3 minutes.
Add the yellow and red curry, the cumin and the coriander, stir and sauce to 30-60 seconds.
Add the chicken chunks and cook until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the veggies, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, brown sugar and fish sauce if using, stir to combine.
Cancel Saute mode.
Lock the lid and seal the valve.
Pressure Cook on high for 6 minutes followed by a 10 minutes Natural Pressure Release, after which release manually the remaining pressure.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 55g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 281mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5512IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 6mg