Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew can be prepared hassle-free and with optimum richness! This hearty traditional Irish dish is perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef stewing meat trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 small onion cut into quarters
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cloves garlic whole
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Guinness Beer
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 3 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 pound mini red potatoes peeled and cut into halves
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Season the meat with salt and pepper and toss with 1/4 cup of flour.
In a skillet over medium heat add the oil and once hot, brown the meat chunks in batches, until golden brown.
Set the meat chunks aside. Then, add a little amount of the broth and scrape off bits and pieces that remain in the skillet.
Add the butter to the same skillet, sauté the onion and minced garlic.
Add everything to the crockpot, cover with the lif, and set it to cook for about 4 hours on HIGH or about 8 hours on LOW.
When meat is tender, garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1312mg | Potassium: 1187mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5348IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 5mg