Slow Cooker Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Slow Cooker Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is perfect for the busy home cook! Make this rich soup using the crockpot for a hassle-free dinner!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth plus more if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups diced butternut squash roasted or raw
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Pepita seeds
- Drizzle of cream
Roast the Squash - optional:
For more flavor, mix the cubed squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, arrange on a baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Make the Soup:
Add all the ingredients from the SOUP section, except the heavy cream, to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the cream and use a potato masher to puree the squash.
Taste and adjust for salt, pepper, and other seasonings. If the soup is too thick add more warm cream or warm broth.
Use a blender or an immersion blender to cream the soup as much as you like.
Serve garnished with cream, cilantro, and pepita seeds.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 15282IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg