Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup is creamy, hearty, and full of autumn flavors! This healthy soup is the perfect recipe to make on a cold day.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth plus more if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
- Drizzle of cream
Select SAUTE function on HIGH and wait for it to read HOT. Add oil and once shimmering, cook the onion for 2 minutes.
Add garlic, and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds.
Add the rest of the ingredients from the SOUP section.
Close and lock the lid, point the valve to Sealed, then, manually set the timer to pressure cook for 10 minutes on high pressure.
Once done, do a 15-minute natural pressure release, then, open the lid carefully.
Mash the soup using a masher or a blender. If the soup is too thick add more warm cream or warm broth.
Serve garnished with cream, cilantro, and peanuts.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 19303IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg