One-Pot Cabbage Soup
Cabbage Soup is a delicious vegetable soup made with cabbage, zucchini, green beans, and carrots in a flavorful tomato broth.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped into 1-2 inches chunks
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed and halved
- 8 cups vegetable broth or low sodium chicken broth
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat add the olive oil. Once it starts simmering, add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent, for about 3-4 minutes.
Add tomato paste, stir and cook for 1 minute.
Add the rest of the ingredients and the broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1741mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6384IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg