Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad is a fresh and delicious side dish perfect for any occasion. You only need to combine pesto sauce with pasta, cheese, and some veggies, to make this recipe!
Servings 6 servings
- 12 ounces penne pasta or any short pasta type
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup basil pesto refrigerated
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella small ball-spaced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted , plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley plus more for garnish
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
Drain the pasta and run under cold water to cool it down. Drain well.
Place the pasta in a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients: tomatoes, mozzarella balls, olives, pine nuts, red onion, and parsley.
Pour the pesto on top and toss to coat evenly.
Serve, topped with additional pine nuts and parsley for garnish.
Calories: 549kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1585IU | Vitamin C: 15.3mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 2mg