Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
Roasted Carrots make for a quick, tasty, and healthier side dish that is sweet and tender using only a few ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Servings 6 servings
- 2-3 pounds carrots washed, peeled and sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 415 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all the GLAZE ingredients in a bowl.
Place carrot pieces in a large bowl and combine with GLAZE.
Pour onto a prepared baking sheet. Arrange carrots in a single layer.
Bake for 20 minutes. Use a spatula to turn carrots over and bake another 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Serve warm, garnished with parsley if desired.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 25635IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.5mg