Chicken Chow Mein
Chicken Chow Mein is a delicious and hearty meal, made with noodles, vegetables, and some protein! Here is our take on this classic Chinese favorite takeout dish!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb chow mein noodles or yakisoba noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 3 cups napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Prepare noodles per package directions and set aside.
In the meantime, in a medium bowl whisk together all SAUCE ingredients, set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add chicken (working in batches if needed) and cook 3 - 4 minutes on each side to brown. Transfer chicken strips to a plate.
Reduce heat slightly add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, add carrots and saute for 5 minutes.
Add napa cabbage and bell pepper and saute 3-5 minutes, then add green onions, garlic, and ginger and saute 1 - 2 minutes longer, until veggies are all crisp-tender.
Toss in noodles and chicken, then pour SAUCE mixture on top and toss to coat.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1440mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4595IU | Vitamin C: 47.7mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3.4mg