General Tso Sauce
General Tso Sauce is a rich, sweet, and spicy sauce that is perfect for your stir-fry dishes! It is so easy to prepare - all done in ten minutes!
Servings 4 servings of about 1/4 cup
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
In a medium pot, add all the ingredients and whisk to combine. Place it over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until it starts to simmer.
Continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Once the sauce is thickened, remove from heat.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1322mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.7mg