Easy Farro Salad
Farro Salad is a symphony of textures and pleasing to the eye - chewy and crunchy to the bite and bursting with colors, balanced by the tanginess of the dressing!
Servings 6 servings
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Farro I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 English cucumber seeded diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rinse and drain farro, then cook according to package directions. Transfer to a large mixing or serving bowl to cool.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the bowl with cooled farro, except for the feta cheese. Toss to combine.
Add the dressing and feta cheese and toss to combine.
Garnish with parsley and serve or cover and store in the fridge.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 762mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 80.4mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 3.2mg