Classic Macaroni Salad
Macaroni Salad is a refreshing take on pasta that you can bring to parties and getaways this summer! It is simple to prepare with easy-to-find ingredients.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups elbow pasta dry
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup pickles diced
- 1 can sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt whole milk yogurt or greek
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package instructions, aiming for al dente. Drain and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
In a large bowl combine all the dressing ingredients and stir. Add all the salad ingredients and combine.
Cover, place into the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
Serve cold garnished with parsley or chopped green onion.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 251mg | Iron: 1.2mg