Best Mexican Salad
Mexican Salad is made with beans, avocados, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and spices! A healthy side dish for tacos, grilled chicken, and shrimp.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 large head Romaine Lettuce rinsed, chopped, and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 15.25 oz can red beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.25 oz can sweet corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives cut in half
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup crumbled cotija cheese or feta cheese
Lime Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
Assemble the salad:
Chop the salad ingredients and combine them in a separate bowl, except for the cheese.
Then, add the dressing and toss to combine.
Garnish with cotija cheese on top and serve.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 666mg | Potassium: 631mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10165IU | Vitamin C: 41.5mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2mg