Szechuan Sauce has a spicy, sweet and savory flavor and is super easy to make at home. It is a great dipping sauce that can be also used on noodles, stir-fry, or any other dishes.
Servings 2 servings
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce or chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth veggie broth for vegetarian
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until dissolved
In a saucepan over medium heat, add all ingredients except broth and cornstarch mix and bring to a light boil.
Stir the cornstarch mixture until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1391mg | Potassium: 132mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.8mg