Best EVER Slow Cooker Chili
Slow Cooker Chili is so rich flavorful that it quickly became our family favorite dish. It is easy to prepare and packed with proteins, making it the best crockpot chili recipe.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds 85 or 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cans 15 ounces each, kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn rinsed and drained
In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and then saute the onion in it for about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the ground beef, and cook for about 6-7 minutes until no longer pink and the onions are soft. Break the meat with a wooden spoon.
Drain the fat and add the beef mixture to a large slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients except beans and stir well. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 5 - 6 hours or for 3 hours on High.
Stir in the beans and allow to heat through about 15-30 minutes. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1065mg | Potassium: 1160mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 7.7mg