Best Ever Deviled Eggs
Deviled Eggs are the perfect appetizers that can be enjoyed at Easter, potlucks, tailgates, and summer suppers.
Servings 12 servings, 2 egg white boats per serving
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish or 1 dill pickle, diced
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika plus extra for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- 2 tablespoons green onions finely diced
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bacon Crumbs
- Diced green onions or chives
Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water. Boil for about 13-15 minutes, then remove from heat and place or rinse under cold water for at least 5 minutes.
Peel the eggs and then cut them in half, lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
Stir together with a fork the yolks and the rest of the ingredients till smooth.
Use a spoon to add a portion of the mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Or add the mixture to a piping bag fitted with the star tip and pipe into the egg white wells.
Sprinkle on paprika, diced green onion and bacon crumbs for garnish.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 73mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.8mg