Homemade Korean Ground Beef
Korean Ground Beef is the PERFECT weeknight dinner that is ready in 20 minutes from start to finish.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil or regular oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ginger powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or chili garlic sauce
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Once hot add minced garlic, and fresh ginger (if using fresh), quickly stir and cook just until fragrant.
Add and brown the meat until no longer pink crumbling it with a wooden spoon.
Drain excess grease, then add brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and ground ginger (if not using fresh).
Cook for few more minutes until the beef has a shiny color. Mix in chopped green onions.
Remove from heat, drizzle with more sesame oil, sesame seeds, and sprinkle with extra fresh green onions and serve over hot rice.
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 3.1mg