Best Crockpot Meatloaf
Crockpot Meatloaf is a juicy and flavorful dinner, easily made in the slow cooker. Classic comfort food made with ground beef, cheese, and a sweet and tangy glaze.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef (80 to 85 lean)
- 1 small onion finely diced
- teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
Make the beef mixture:
In a large bowl combine all the beef mixture ingredients together and mix thoroughly just until combined.
Then, shape into an oval that will fit into the crockpot.
Use a large strip of aluminum foil and press it into the bottom and up to two of the sides of a slow cooker, making an aluminum overhang Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, place the shaped meat in the pot onto the aluminum insert. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
The meat is done cooking when an instant thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf reads 160 degrees F.
When finished cooking, carefully lift out the meatloaf, using the foil overhang, and place it on a baking sheet.
Using a kitchen brush, top the meat with about 1/2 cup of the glaze, and then place it under the broil for few more minutes till sticky and bubbly.
After cooking, place it on a cooling rack and let it rest for 10 minutes.
Serve sliced and warm with the remaining glaze.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2.7mg