Oven Barbecue Ribs
Oven Barbecue Ribs are juicy, super flavorful and fall off the bone tender. Coated with easy to make dry rub first, then seasoned with barbeque sauce mixture, making them irresistible.
Servings 8 servings
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs (about 2 racks)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup preferably no sugar added
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sweet chili pepper sauce or more
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
Remove the membrane that covers the back side of the ribs. Then pat them dry with a sheet of paper towel.
Combine together the rub mixture, and mix together until combined.
Season and rub both sides with the homemade dry-rub mixture.
Place on a baking sheet (meat side up) or tray lined with foil.
Cover the tray with foil and bake for about 2.5-3 hours, until very tender.
During the last 5 minutes of cook time, mix together the barbeque sauce ingredients.
Remove ribs from the oven, uncover the foil and brush them generously with the barbecue sauce mixture.
Lastly, set the oven to broil, and bake them uncovered for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Calories: 581kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 1777mg | Potassium: 688mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 1605IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2.8mg