Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is luxurious and rich, topped with a dollop of whipped cream, and the perfect holiday treat.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 teaspoon red gel food coloring use more or less, to get the color you want
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red sand sugar
In a medium sauce pan heat the milk and cream over medium heat.
Whisk in the chopped chocolate and stir until fully melted.
Stir in the red food coloring and the vanilla extract. Add more food coloring if needed, until you get the red you are looking for.
In a mixer bowl, whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla extract.
Serve the hot chocolate topped with whip per cream and sprinkle with red sand sugar.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 1.8mg