Easy Homemade Key Lime Pie
Homemade Key Lime Pie recipe from scratch with lots of lime zest and fresh lime juice for a fresh citrusy flavor with the most amazing creamy texture.
Servings 10 slices
For the Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts (pecans, almonds or macadamia nuts work as well, if you are allergic, just use extra 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs)
- 3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the Filling:
- 2 cans 14-ounces each sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- Zest of 1 large key lime or lime
- 1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice from about 8 limes
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream full fat and cold
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- (Key) Lime zest
- (Key) Lime slices
Make the Crust:
In a medium bowl, using a fork, stir together the crust ingredients until fully combined and graham cracker crumbs are moist.
Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish. Using your hands or a measuring cup, press and pat down the bottom and sides.
Chill for 20-30 minutes. I prefer to put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Make the Filling:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream and egg yolks. Whisk together on medium speed until fully combined.
Add in (key) lime juice, and (key) lime zest. Whisk until fully combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. When cool, transfer it to the fridge. Chill pie thoroughly in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.
Serve cold and do not keep at room temperature for more than one hour.
In a large bowl, beat heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
Add the whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe it on top of the pie or just use a spatula to spread it onto the pie.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 148mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 0.7mg