Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 05:16 pm
Fudgy Walnut Coffee Brownies are made with instant coffee for a deep and shining java flavor, and loaded with chewy walnuts for the perfect dessert.
Walnut Coffee Brownies
Walnut Coffee Brownies have a perfect combination, since it unites chocolate and coffee together for a delicious flavor. These Coffee Brownies are dense and decadent, with a nice chewiness from the walnuts. To make the coffee flavor shine, I added some instant coffee to the batter, and it made all the difference.
Why You’ll Love These Walnut Coffee Brownies:
- They are rich and chocolaty and are a show stopper dessert.
- If you love coffee, these brownies pair great with a cup of java.
- These are perfect for a party and special occasion.
- Rich, creamy and delicious, they are guaranteed to become a show stopper on the dessert table.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
Pin This Fudgy Walnut Coffee Brownies Recipe to your Favorite Board
What is a Coffee Brownie?
A Coffee Brownie is usually a brownie that can be served with coffee or its made with coffee.
How to store Coffee Brownies?
Freshly baked coffee brownies will last for about 3 to 4 days at normal room temperature. While you can store them in the refrigerator, for about 1 week, cover with foil or plastic wrap to prevent brownies from drying out.
Can you Freeze Coffee Brownies?
Yes. Wrap the coffee brownies tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap and it will maintain it’s best quality for about 2 to 3 months, but will remain safe for consumption beyond that time. Thaw in the fridge before serving.
Below you can find additional Brownie recipes:
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Pomegranate Mousse Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies
- Red Velvet Creme Brulee Brownies
- Slutty Cheesecake Brownies
- Soft butter or baking spray (for greasing the pan)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups cocoa (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 3/4 cup instant coffee (powder)
- 1 cup flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place a baking sheet (parchment paper) in a 9x12 inch pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides (to facilitate the brownie removal). Butter the pan and set aside.
- Measure 1/4 of hot water, add to it 1 teaspoon instant coffee. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow, add the white and brown sugar and beat until combined. Add remaining ingredients except chopped walnuts, and mix to combine.
- With a spatula, stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pan, it should come out with just a few crumbles attached. I find that 40 minutes in my oven for this recipe is perfect timing.
- When done, remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut and serve!