Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Bread is soft and fluffy and stuffed with sun dried tomato pesto and fresh mozzarella cheese.
Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Bread
This sun dried tomato mozzarella bread that is loaded with fresh mozzarella cheese and a delicious sun-dried tomato pesto. There is really nothing better than having a warm slice of fresh cheesy bread. Also, the bread is so fluffy and soft. The mozzarella cheese melts and gets into the sun dried tomato pesto creating an irresistible cheesy swirl.
The bread is very easy to make, I used again my mother in law’s fool proof recipe. What is great about it, is that it’s a base recipe, and you can play with the flavors how you want. Last time I made a Black Olive Cheese Bread, and I plan on making a pesto bread this week. Making homemade bread is convenient, and I also love that I can control the ingredients and the flavors. This Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Bread is amazing for sandwiches, but in reality it goes well with everything.
Why You’ll Love This Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Bread
- Firstly, it is rich and cheese.
- Also, easy to find ingredients and minimum prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for lunch or dinner, and can be used in variety of ways. For example, to dip in olive oil, or to dip in a Creamy Tomato Soup.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry in the last minutes.
How Long Will Sun Dried Tomato Mozzarella Bread Stay Fresh?
The Bread can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze This Bread?
Absolutely! First, cool the bread completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After, that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost before slicing.
IF YOU LIKE HOMEMADE BREAD YOU SHOULD TRY THESE:
Prep time: 3 hours Cook time: 50 minutes Total time: 3 hrs 50 mins
- 1/2 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1¾ cups warm water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 8 ounces sun dried tomato pesto
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour and set aside.
- Add water to a medium bowl, stir in sugar until dissolved and add yeast, let the mixture sit for 5-7 minutes for the yeast to bloom. The water should be tap warm, not hot.
- Give the yeast mixture a stir and add it to the flour mixture, knead by hand or using a mixer. The dough will be a little sticky, but it should come off the walls of the bowl. If its still very, very sticky add ½ cup of flour. Knead until all flour is well combined, about 7-10 minutes. Cover the dough with a dry, clean kitchen towel, put it in a warm place and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- To speed this process, I usually turn the oven to 300F and place the bowl on top of the stove or close to the stove, since its warmer.
- Once the dough tripled in size, sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and knead it for 1 minutes. Let it rest on the working surface for 10-15 minutes and using a rolling pin dusted with flour roll it into a circle or oval shape. The dough must be ½ inch thick.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Top the dough disc with the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, spread 2 inches from the sides, followed by slices of cheese. Roll the dough into a loaf and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Let it rest for another hour or 1½ hours. The loaf will double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a kitchen brush, spread the melted butter on top of the loaf and bake for 50 - 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Optional: Top with the melted mozzarella cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Watch it closely not to burn the cheese.
- Remove bread from oven and let it cool in the pan for one hour.
- Remove from pan, slice and enjoy.