Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes are incredibly easy to make and very festive. They taste delicious and would be a fun project to do with the kids. Check out the short video tutorial below and see how festive and easy this recipe is!
Cheesecake recipes are very popular on the blog, being that cheesecake is my favorite dessert. If you are a cheesecake addict like me, you should try these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake and the Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake copycat recipe.
Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes
Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes are so festive and fun to make. They would be perfect for a birthday party or on St. Patrick Day. They are so colorful and festive that it is guaranteed that they will cheer up everyone. The cheesecakes have a subtle vanilla flavor and perfect creamy texture, topped with fluffy whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. I made these together with my toddler boy and he had so much fun mixing the colors.
Why You’ll Love These Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes:
- Festive and colorful the cheesecakes are perfect for a special occasion.
- Very easy to make and perfectly portioned, the mini cheesecakes are baked in muffin cups and are the size of a cupcake.
- Endless colorful possibilities mix and match as you like.
- Delicious and creamy texture of a NY Cheesecake.
- So good that kids and adults will love them equally.
- The perfect project to do with the kids, everyone will have so much fun.
Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes Recipe Tips:
- I used a foolproof NY Cheesecake recipe for these Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes that is creamy, rich and delicious.
- Adding the sour cream will make the cheesecakes heartier and extra creamy.
- Using gel food color is essential, as it won’t add much extra liquid to the batter; a few drops will create gorgeous colors.
- Don’t open the oven door when baking; open it when you are ready to check if the mini cheesecakes are done.
- If by any chance your cheesecakes got some cracks or sunk in the middle, don’t worry, the whipped cream topping will fix these little imperfections.
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes Recipe:
- Gel Food Coloring – this set comes in a variety of colors and it won’t water down your recipe
- Piping Bags – I like using disposable piping bags, I really don’t like the idea of cleaning another item after I make cheesecakes and frosting
- Piping Tips Set – I used the star tip to pipe my frosting, this is a great set at a very good price
- Regular Muffin Pan – I use this pan to bake muffins and regular size cupcakes, I had it for many years and absolutely love it
- Cupcake Liners – when it comes to cupcake liners the sky is the limit, I like to keep them in a wide range of colors so I can use it based on the recipe or event
Mini Rainbow Cheesecakes
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 55 mins