Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe is a one pot, creamy, comforting and perfect for a weeknight flavorful and affordable dinner.
Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe
I am going to share with you today a Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe that my mom loves to make for us. The story behind this recipe is that my father spent a few years in Italy. With that, he brought back with him an endless love for pasta and quality pasta sauce.
My mom put a spin on it and created this very comforting Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe. This recipe is very comforting and delicious, and it also brings back a lot of beautiful memories. Also, this recipe is perfect for the cold days outside. Because, its warm, hearty and comforting, and it will be perfect for colder days. However, you can also make it year around, as its an easy, and flavorful. In addition, it’s a one pot dinner that your whole family will enjoy. To make it I used Ragu Pasta Sauce, since it has great flavor and affordability.
Why You’ll Love This Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- Bursting with flavor and coated in the most delicious sauce
- Incredibly easy to make, this is the perfect weeknight meal
- Hearty and tasty this meal is a crowd pleaser
- Leftovers are delicious
- Can be made vegetarian
This Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe starts with tender chicken drumsticks browned it lots of garlic and a little cream, covered in a hefty amount of Ragu Pasta Sauce and baked in the oven. This is a one pot meal that you have to try. Served over spaghetti this is the perfect comforting meal, it will make you feel warm and fuzzy and put a big grin on your face while you ask for seconds.
The sauce is very flavorful, creamy, chunky and delicious and all thanks to the Ragu Pasta Sauce, the meat is tender and almost falls of the bone, served over pasta and topped with a few crumbs of salty feta this is the perfect weeknight meal to feed your family and maybe even start a new tradition.
How do you reheat the Ragu Sauce Chicken Pasta?
Usually when refrigerated the sauce will thicken. To reheat, add it to a medium-large sauce pan over medium heat and add 1/2 to 1 cup of chicken broth or even water. Start with 1/2 cup, stir to combine and if needed add more, until you achieve the desired sauce consistency. You can also add cream, if you are looking for a creamier texture.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 9-10 drumsticks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 15-20 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 rosemary sticks
- 3 dried chili peppers
- 1 box of spaghetti
- crumbled feta
- chopped parsley
- chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place a large dutch oven on the stove over medium heat, once the dutch oven its warm add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, add the minced garlic and dried chili peppers, cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the chicken and cook for 8-9 minutes on one side, than flip on the other side and cook for another 8-9 minutes. The chicken must be golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of heavy cream over the chicken to deglaze the pan, add salt and pepper to your own taste. Pour the Ragu Pasta Sauce over the chicken and gently stir until combined.
- Add rosemary sticks on top, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven, cook for 40 minutes.
- minutes before serving bring a large pot of water to a boil, add to the water 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook in it the spaghetti. Usually ready in 11-13 minutes.
- Remove the baked chicken from the oven, drain the spaghetti using a colander, and serve the chicken over pasta, making sure to top it with a lot of the sauce.
- Any leftover pasta can be added to the sauce and saved for later.