Vegan Mashed Potatoes are creamy, rich and buttery, and ideal side dish for any meal.
After making the delicious and version of Chunky Mashed Potatoes, followers asked to introduce the vegan version of it. Which I am more than glad to share here.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes
These Vegan Mashed Potatoes are my comfort food of choice, you won’t even be able to say that these are vegan! Rich, buttery, just how mashed potatoes should taste! I am a self proclaimed mashed potato lover, as it is the food that reminds me so much of my childhood. Since almost half a year I follow a vegan diet, I learned to customize my favorite dishes into vegan alternatives. Chunky Vegan Mashed Potatoes is our side dish of choice many times, and sometimes it’s even served as a main meal, when I go crazy and load it with many delicious veggies.
Secrets to Perfect Vegan Mashed Potatoes:
- If you use organic potatoes, you can leave the peel on. However, make sure you clean it very well. This will add some nice texture to the potatoes. Also, if you are looking for super creamy potatoes, in that case peel them. I prefer mine creamy and chunky at the same time.
- In addition, use vegan butte. Don’t shy away from it, it will add that delicious buttery taste we all love in mashed potatoes.
- Vegan Mayo – is the secret weapon to create creamy and rich Vegan Mashed Potatoes, a few tablespoons go a long way.
- Also, keep some of the water in which you boiled the potatoes. Because, when you mash them, you can add a little to make them softer.
- Using unflavored, unsweetened soy milk and soy creamer will add extra creaminess as well.
Toppings for Loaded Vegan Mashed Potatoes:
- Caramelize some onions and bell peppers until they are browned and soft and mix them into the Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Also, caramelized mushrooms, onions and a bit of truffle oil to add amazing flavor and also make the dish more gourmet
- Caramelized jalapeño peppers, black pepper and vegan cheese – for Peppery Cheesy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Green scallions and olive oil for a fresh taste, can be served with freshly sliced avocado drizzled with olive oil and sea salt
- Mashed cannellini beans mixed in, for a protein boost
- Caramelized onions and garlic with fresh rosemary
Loaded Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 40 mins
If you use organic potatoes, you can leave the peel on. If you prefer a creamier texture, peel the potatoes.