Lavender Cookies melt in your mouth and are full of flavor. They are topped with lemon icing for a beautiful and fresh finish.
Lavender Cookies were on my menu mind for quiet some time. Finally, I decided to put myself together and give it a try. The result, did not disappoint! These Lavender Cookies are so fresh and flavorful, because the lavender and lemon aroma is front and center here. I added some fresh lemon zest to the batter which added a nice doze of citrus to the floral lavender.
The Lemon Lavender Cookies are soft and buttery and melt in your mouth. The cookies are covered in a refreshing lemon icing for the perfect summery finish.
Why You’ll Love These Lavender Cookies:
- Firstly, they are very easy to make. In addition, this classic cookie recipe will take the flavor to new level.
- Also, incredibly fresh and aromatic.
- Tender and buttery, the cookies melt in your mouth.
- In addition, they would make for some pretty darn cute hostess gifts.
- Lemon, lavender and white chocolate are just perfect together.
- Lastly, they can be made 1-2 days in advance, so you don’t worry about last minute cooking.
How to make lemon zest?
- First, rinse the lemon.
- Next, set your tool over a cutting board. A microplane produces a very fine zest, which is perfect for baking and cooking. If you don’t have a microplane, use the smallest holes on an ordinary grater.
- Then, grate the yellow skin of the lemon only. Grate just enough to get through the yellow skin, this way you can avoid the bitter white pith underneath.
- Rotate the lemon and repeat. Once the white pith is exposed, rotate the lemon and zest the next strip of peel. Repeat until most of the peel is removed, or until you have enough zest for your recipe.
How long will Lavender Cookies stay fresh?
The Cookies can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 5-7 days.
Can you store and freeze Leander Cookies?
Absolutely! Cool the cookies completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 12 minutes Total time: 27 mins