Easy M&M’s® Twister Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy M&M’s® Twister Cookies are topped with a simple icing and colorful M&M’s® Peanut Butter, a fun dessert for a game night party.
While there is no shortage of activities to do when its sunny outside, on these cold days I find that its harder to find activities that will please my friends and family. BUT I have a great idea, invite them to enjoy a Game Night and impress them with M&M’s® Twister Cookies, you will have a house full of friends that will want to spend a rainy evening with you playing Twister game and Game of Life game.
- Polka Dot Tablecloth
- Polka Dot Paper Cups
- Polka Dot Paper Plates
- Polka Dot Ballons
- Polka Dot Napkins
- Polka Dot Garland
- Homemade Easy M&M’s® Twister Cookies (recipe below)
- Homemade Seven Layer Brownies
- Homemade Cheddar Cheese Olive Bread
The M&M’s® Twister Cookies are incredibly easy to make, these are sugar cookies topped with a simple icing and M&M’s® Peanut Butter. What can be better than cookies topped with M&M’s® Peanut Butter?! Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make them:
Check the other delicious recipes I have created for the perfect Game Night!
And here is the fun and easy recipe for Twister Cookies:
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3-3.5 tablespoons room temperature water
- pinch of salt
- M&M's® Peanut Butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light in color, about 1 minute. Add the egg, vanilla extract and heavy cream and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed and gradually add the flour mixture, beat until mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl. First, add only 3 cups of the flour mixture, and if the mixture is still very soft add the rest of the flour. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed using a rubber spatula. Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle your working surface with a little powdered sugar. Remove one wrapped pack of dough from the refrigerator, sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to ¼-inch thick. Using a stainless steel square cookie cutter, cut into squares and place at least 1-inch apart on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Rotate cookie sheet halfway through baking time.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- The cookies must cool completely before icing.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, water, corn syrup and salt until combined and without any lumps. If the mixture is too thick (not pourable at all), add ½ tablespoon of water. If the mixture is too thin, add 1 more tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- Test the icing, drizzle a little on parchment paper, if it holds it shape the icing is done, if it starts to melt on the sides right away, the consistency is too thin.
- Pour the icing into a squeezable bottle and have fun decorating. If the icing drips down the sides of the cookies, its ok, as you can remove any excess once the icing is settled.
- Once a cookie is covered in icing, decorate right away with M&M's® Peanut Butter before the icing settles.
- Leave cookies on the counter for 12-24 hours for the icing to settle completely. Once the icing is set the cookies can be packed, gifted and transported with ease.