Dulce de Leche Spicy Iced Coffee Latte
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious, cost efficient and refreshing homemade Spicy Iced Coffee Latte with touches of sweet dulce de leche and a light kick from the spicy creamer.
This post for Spicy Iced Coffee has been sponsored by Folgers. All text and opinions are my own. Thank you for reading.
Any iced coffee addicts here? I definitely am one, and with spring at its full bloom and hot summer days just around the corner, I always find myself sipping on one. Unfortunately it can get expensive, so I started making my own iced coffee, refreshing and delicious. I put a spin on it and made a Spicy Iced Coffee with a touch of sweetness from the dulce de leche. Spicy Iced Coffee is so unbelievably good and refreshing, with beautiful, sweet notes from the dulce de leche and just enough heat from the red pepper infused creamer. The creamer is so easy to make, light cream infused with a few red hot peppers. The strong coffee and the heat from the spicy creamer will awaken your taste buds and give you some nice energy.
I used Folgers instant coffee to create my batch of iced coffee. I just love how easy it’s to make, and it literally takes minutes. Also, since this is instant coffee, you can’t beat the portability. I have a jar in the office too, in case I run out of my iced coffee.
The Folgers Instant coffee is perfect for all your coffee needs, you can have a plain cup to wake you up, you can use it in hot or iced drinks, and the most fun part, you can create some trendy and unique coffee drinks with it, just like this Spicy Iced Coffee with notes of dulce de leche.
Why You’ll Love This Spicy Iced Coffee with Dulce de Leche:
- Refreshing, sweet and spicy, the unexpected flavor combo works nicely together
- Budget friendly – making it at home will save you some money
- Perfect on hot summer days
- Convenience – having a batch in your fridge means you can roll out of bed and have some fancy coffee instantly
Tips & Tricks on how to make the perfect Spicy Iced Coffee:
- It all depends how much spiciness you can handle, you can infuse the creamer with hot pepper, but you can also add some hot peppers to your coffee
- After you made a batch of hot coffee, if you want to make it even spicier, drop into it a few red hot peppers while the coffee is still hot, discard when you are ready to refrigerate the coffee
- Once the coffee and cream cooled off, store them in the fridge, best in pitchers that have a lid
- You can make coffee ice cubes, that way your coffee will never taste watery
- I also like to make creamer ice cubes and when I make my coffee I add a few coffee ice cubes and a few creamer ice cubes
Tools/Ingredients I used to make this Spicy Iced Coffee with Dulce de Leche:
- Dulce de Leche – this delicious spread is one of my favorites, it can be used in drinks and desserts
- Red Hot Peppers – these are dried chilies, they don’t cost a lot, that why I always have some on hand. I usually add some to my savory recipes and drop a few into soups, they also work great to create spicy drinks.
- 4 tablespoons Folgers Instant Coffee
- 4 cups of hot boiling water
- 8 red dry hot peppers
- 1 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons dulce de leche
- Ice cubes
- Mix instant coffee with water, let it cool at room temperature and transfer to the fridge. Use once cold. Store in the fridge.
- Add light cream and peppers to a small sauce pan over medium heat. Once it starts to boil turn the heat off and let it stand for 15-20 minutes. Discard any foam and the peppers, use a fine mesh if needed. Place in the fridge and use once cold.
- In a tall cup or glass, add ice cubes and dulce de leche, pour the desired amount of coffee, followed by the spicy creamer.
Care for more refreshing drinks? Check these out!