Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 03:56 pmJump to Recipe
Cognac brownies are aromatic with vanilla and smoke notes, stuffed with caramels and topped with a homemade caramel sauce.
These Cognac Brownies melt in you mouth, and your taste buds will be incredibly happy to experience all the flavors. I made these boozy cognac brownies for my husband and my father. These brownies turned out perfect, very soft and gooey, with a prominent cognac flavor. I used Remy Martin and the subtle vanilla and fruit notes are to die for!
The Cognac Brownies are loaded with Rollo chocolate caramels. Then, topped with melted marshmallows and a homemade caramel sauce. Also, the homemade caramel sauce is so much better than store bought. Simply, you just have to try it. These Cognac Brownies would be the perfect Father’s Day treat, serve them in bed for breakfast. Because everyone deserves to wake up to chocolate, caramel and hints of cognac. Furthermore, I can assure you that this will put the man in your life in a very good mood for the rest of the day.
Why You’ll Love These Cognac Brownies
- First, they are rich and chocolaty and are a show stopper dessert.
- Also, easy to find ingredients and minimum prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for brunch parties and for bigger crowds.
- In addition, perfect for special occasion like Father’s Day.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
How Long Will Brownies Stay Fresh
The brownies can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
Can You Store and Freeze these Cognac Brownies?
Absolutely! These brownies freeze well. First, cool the brownies completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that, wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 month. Defrost before serving.
Below you can find additional Brownies recipes:
- Pomegranate Mousse Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies
- Red Velvet Creme Brulee Brownies
- Slutty Cheesecake Brownies
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Rollo chocolate caramels
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Homemade Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter at room temperature and cut up into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. salt
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 baking pan with 1 tbsp. of butter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together melted butter and sugar until smooth, add the cognac and continue whisking on medium. Whisk in each egg one at a time on low speed and whisk until well combined.
- Using a large rubber spatula, gently stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Fold in Rollo chocolate caramels. Spread batter into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until set. 15 minutes into baking, remove dish from the oven and top with mini marshmallows, continue to bake until batter is settled.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- In the meantime work on the caramel sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt sugar until a brownish liquid forms, make sure to stir constantly during this process.
- When sugar has completely melted, add the butter and stir until well combined.
- Carefully while still stirring add the heavy cream, once all the cream has been added let the mixture boil without stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt, transfer to a mason jar (or any other container) and let it cool.