Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 03:55 pmJump to Recipe
Chocolate Truffle Cookies with Sea Salt
Chocolate Truffle Cookies are loaded with Hershey chocolate drops and topped with white chocolate, combining the perfect mix in delicious cookies.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
This was my first time baking a truffle chocolate cookie and I am so happy that it turned out to be a success. In my opinion, chocolate makes everything better. The cookies are loaded with Hershey chocolate milk drops and covered in melted white chocolate and chocolate sprinkles.
I loved the texture of these cookies, not crumbly, yet perfectly delivering the truffle description, with a dense and chocolaty center. I am happy I used Hershey milk chocolate drops instead of chocolate chips, because they held their shape nicely. Also, when biting in a cookie you can see individual chocolate drops. Their sweetness was also a nice addition and diversified the palette as I used semi-sweet and bitter sweet chocolate for the cookies.The white chocolate coating is optional, but it’s a nice change from all the cocoa going on. It adds some extra needed sweetness.
Why you will love these Chocolate Truffle Cookies?
- The chocolate combo is to die for.
- It is rich and chocolaty this is a show stopper dessert
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
How long will Chocolate Truffle Cookies stay fresh?
The Cookies can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 5-7 days.
CAN YOU STORE AND FREEZE Chocolate Truffle Cookies?
Absolutely! Cool the cookies completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before serving.
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chopped
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup Hershey milk chocolate drops
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling I used pink Himalayan
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- chocolate sprinkles
Follow me on InstagramFollow
- Place butter and chopped chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl, microwave for 40 seconds, stir and repeat in 30 seconds increments until fully melted. Set aside and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Once the chocolate has cooled start on the cookies. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire attachment beat sugar and eggs on high for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract and melted chocolate/butter; beat on medium for another 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl and the wire attachment, then remove it and gently using your spatula stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in remaining Hershey milk chocolate drops. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place parchment paper on an ungreased baking sheet. Wet your hands with cold water and roll the dough into golf size balls, placing those about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle a bit of Himalayan sea salt on top of each dough ball and bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Let cookies cool completely before drizzling with white chocolate.
- Bring a medium saucepan half filled with water to a boil. Place white chocolate in a medium bowl set over the saucepan of simmering water, let it melt, stirring just a few times. Make sure the bowl doesn't touch the boiling water, to avoid overheating. Remove bowl from heat and using a fork and using a spoon pour melted chocolate on top of the cookies, garnish with sprinkles.
- Let stand for 15-20 minutes before serving for the chocolate to settle, or better place cookies in the fridge for the chocolate to harden quicker.