Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies with Walnuts
Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies are scrumptious and aromatic, loaded with walnuts, and with the most amazing cherry flavor.
I am in love with Baileys, and making easy and delicious Baileys desserts is somewhat of a quest for me. After making Chocolate Baileys Poke Cake and Baileys Chocolate Brown Cookies, I decided to indulge you with these easy and delicious cookies.
Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies
I have been on a chocolate kick lately, first with these Chocolate Truffle Cookies and after that I brought you Cognac Caramel Brownies, now I have another to die for dessert: Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies, if those four words don’t sound like happiness and love to you in cookie form, than you probably never experienced true happiness and love.
These Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies are to die for, since they are moist, scrumptious, chocolaty and nutty! I love everything about them, rich and irresistible. I think these cookies are insanely good, and if you never added booze to your dessert, you must definitely try it. These cookies are so fragrant and aromatic that I ended up starring at them and smelling them for a few minutes without even blinking. Weird I know, but you have to try them to understand my deep feelings for these babes.
Their texture is great, a little crumbly, but loaded with chocolate flavor. The finely chopped nuts are like beautiful specs of gold and definitely add some level nuttiness, and work in harmony with the chocolate and cherry flavors.
Why you will love these Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies?
- They are a breeze to make, with minimum ingredients.
- The Baileys and chocolate combo is to die for.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
- Can be perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
How long will Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies stay fresh?
The Cookies can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 5-7 days.
CAN YOU STORE AND FREEZE these Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies?
Absolutely! Cool the cookies completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before serving.
Chocolate Cherry Baileys Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled)
- 1 1/2 cup turbinado raw sugar
- 1 egg (+ 1 egg yolk)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Cherry Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup walnuts (measure then grind)
- Optional: 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, baileys and stir until mixed.
- Replace the wire attachment with the paddle attachment and gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms. Add grinded walnuts and give it a final easy mix. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll into golf ball sized balls. Set on a non-stick baking sheet with 2 inches between each. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are set and the middles are still soft. Let cool completely then top with powdered sugar.
CommentsLeave a reply