Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 04:53 pm
Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea sweetened with homemade Cherry Syrup is loaded with fresh kiwi, mangos, cherries and lots of fresh mint.
Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea
This Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea will become the highlight of your summer! The tea is so fabulously refreshing and delicious, made with Mango Peach Lipton Tea. Also, it’s loaded with fresh fruits, mint and sweetened with a mouth-watering cherry syrup. You can enjoy some on your porch or bring a pitcher to a brunch party, it’s guaranteed to become a crowd favorite. I made this large pitcher of Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea and served it with some amazing Vanilla Bean Muffins with Cherry Butter.
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea:
- It’s refreshing and sweet and it will save you some money if you make your own
- Perfect for hot summer days and brunch parties
- Loaded with delicious and flavorful fruits
- Kids and grownups love it
- Can be made with any tea flavor and fruits
Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea Recipe Tips:
- First, you should start with a flavorful tea that you love. For example, I used Lipton because it has so many varieties to choose from Apple Cinnamon, Berry Hibiscus, Lemon Ginger and Peach Mango.
- Also, brew a few cups of tea 1 day in advance and make tea ice cubes! Yes, they make all the difference. In addition, I never add regular ice cubes to my pitcher of iced tea. As they tend to melt and make it watery. However, tea ice cubes will just melt and add even more flavor to the tea.
- In addition, add frozen fruits to the pitcher of iced tea or freeze some into the tea ice cubes. It will look adorable and also add extra flavor
- I don’t like to sweeten my iced tea with sugar. In my opinion, I lose an opportunity to add even more flavor. Making a fruity syrup like the cherry one I made is a great way to take your iced tea to the next level
- You can use your favorite tea flavor and fruits, the sky is the limit, adjust it to what you like and prefer
Here is a list of my favorite refreshing summer drinks:
- Dulce de Leche Spicy Coffee – it will save you money and will awaken your taste buds
- Vegan Avocado Lime Smoothie – creamy, indulgent and yet nutritious, also vegan
- Raspberry Coffee Smoothie – gorgeous color and flavor, add some vanilla protein if you want to transform it into a meal
- Dark Chocolate Mint Milkshakes – my way of indulging without going overboard
Cherry Kiwi Iced Tea
Tea Ice Cubes:
- 2 Lipton Mango Peach tea bags
- 2 cups hot boiling water
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 mint leafs
- 4 Lipton Mango Peach tea bags
- 4 cups hot boiling water
- 2 champagne mangos (peeled and sliced)
- 10 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 lemon (cut into rondelles)
- 6 kiwi fruits (peeled and cut into rondelles)
- 1 cups frozen cherries
- 6 - 8 cups filtered cold water
- Iced Tea Cubes
- Cherry Syrup
Tea Ice Cubes:
- Add the tea bags to a large mug and pour the hot water over them. Allow to steep together for at least 10 - 15 minutes. Discard the tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature. Pour it into ice cube trays and refrigerate for at least 3 - 6 hours.
- Cherry Syrup:
- Place a small sauce pan over medium heat, add all ingredients and cook until it bubbles. Turn down the heat to low for 2 minutes, then remove the sauce pan from heat and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Make sure the syrup is at room temperature when adding it to the iced tea, you don't want to add warm syrup as it will melt the ice cubes. Discard the mint leafs.
- Add the tea bags to a large mug and pour the hot water over them. Allow to steep together for at least 10 - 15 minutes. Discard the tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature. For better results refrigerate for 1 - 2 hours.
- In a large pitcher add half of the sliced kiwi fruits, mangos, frozen cherries, mint leaves and cherry syrup with fruit (save 1/3 cup of cherries from the syrup to add to the cherry butter if making the muffins) stir gently so the syrup covers the fruits. Cover with some iced tea cubes and pour in the steeped Mango Peach tea. Add more ice and the remaining fruits, lemon and mint. Fill the pitcher with cold filtered water.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint and if available cherry blossoms.