Olive Bread stuffed with cheddar cheese, black olive bruschetta spread and minced garlic, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.
This Cheddar and Olive Bread is homemade, and is loaded with layers of cheddar cheese. Also, it is stuffed with Black Olive Bruschetta Spread, garlic and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Now what can be better than homemade fluffy bread that has been stuffed with cheese and topped with extra cheese?!
In addition, the bread can be used as appetizer. It’s cheesy, garlicky, fluffy, as well as fabulously delicious. You can eat it as it is, or you can go crazy and make a grilled cheese using it! This Cheddar Cheese Olive Bread is such a great compliment to any meal.
If you never worked with yeast, don’t be afraid, the recipe is foolproof, easy to follow and you can even go ahead and use it as your base, changing the stuffings as you like.
Why You’ll Love This Olive Bread
- Firstly, it is rich and cheese.
- Also, easy to find ingredients and minimum prep work and dishes to clean.
- Perfect for lunch or dinner, and can be used in variety of ways. For example, to dip in olive oil, or to dip in a Creamy Tomato Soup.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry in the last minutes.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT Olive BREAD:
- First, try to use freshly chopped garlic, never bottled.
- In addition, use quality cheese. This isn’t the ingredient to skimp on.
- If you like a spicier kick, use some crushed red pepper.
- You can use your favorite black olives for this recipe. However, red or green olives will work as fine.
How Long Will Olive Bread Stay Fresh?
The Olive Bread can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
Can You Freeze This Olive Bread?
Absolutely! First, cool the bread completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After, that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost before slicing.
If you like homemade bread you should try these:
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 50 minutes Total time: 1 hr 20 mins
- 1/2 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces black olives (store bought)
- 1 garlic head (minced)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour and set aside.
- Add water to a medium bowl, stir in sugar until dissolved and add yeast, let the mixture sit for 5-7 minutes for the yeast to bloom. The water should be tap warm, not hot.
- Give the yeast mixture a stir and add it to the flour mixture, knead by hand or using a mixer. The dough will be a little sticky, but it should come off the walls of the bowl. If its still very, very sticky add ½ cup of flour. Knead until all flour is well combined, about 7-10 minutes. Cover the dough with a dry, clean kitchen towel, put it in a warm place and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- To speed this process, I usually turn the oven to 300F and place the bowl on top of the stove or close to the stove, since its warmer.
- Once the dough tripled in size, sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and knead it for 1 minutes. Let it rest on the working surface for 10-15 minutes and using a rolling pin dusted with flour roll it into a circle or oval shape. The dough must be 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Top the dough disc with the Black Olive Bruschetta spread 2 inches from the sides, followed by minced garlic and shredded cheddar cheese. Roll the dough into a loaf and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Let it rest for another hour or 1 1/2 hours. The loaf will double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a kitchen brush, spread the melted butter on top of the loaf and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Top with the melted mozzarella cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Watch it closely not to burn the cheese.
- Remove bread from oven and let it cool in the pan for one hour.
- Remove from pan, slice and enjoy.