Healthy and indulgent, these caramel dipped bosc pears are the perfect fall treat, especially when rolled in some crushed pistachios.
Hello my virtual friends. I have been busy this weekend creating reading stuff for you. I have tested some amazing recipes that I am happy to report turned out magnificent. I promise I will get back to my old schedule of not posting only food related posts, but will try to balance it 40:60, 60 still being recipes. Now back to food, with fall season in full beauty, I am craving more and more fall themed food, and these caramel dipped bosc pears are no exception.
While caramel apples seem to be the “go to” fruit when it comes to caramel dipping, I encourage you to try caramel dipped bosc pears as they are truly delicious. This is such a sweet and healthy snack, that you can indulge into even when a midnight cravings strikes. The caramel dipped bosc pears are crisp, crunchy, sweet and juicy. The pears flavor pairs perfectly with the caramel sauce. Also, they are so easy and fun to make, that this would be such a fun project to do with kids. Bonus points to the fact that you won’t feel guilty by feeding them some healthy dessert! After all, they are having fruit in this case!
I made some of my famous caramel sauce, that literally takes only 10 minutes to whip together. After the sauce has cooled slightly, I dipped the bosc pears into it. If you prefer your caramel dipped bosc pears plain, go for it, the caramel is more than enough to turn the pears into a real treat. But if you are looking for something extra, roll the caramel dipped bosc pears into some crushed nuts or sprinkles for some extra texture and fun.
I personally, like my caramel sauce plain, but to add some color and like I said, some fun, I dipped the bottom only of the caramel dipped bosc pears into some salted crushed pistachios. I loved this combo so much, some of the caramel sauce inevitably drizzled to the bottom of the pears, creating an amazing mixture with the pistachios. These caramel dipped bosc pears became even a more indulgent treat, and I also love the color of the pistachios in contrast with the brown caramel and pears.
These caramel dipped bosc pears are one of my favorite fall treats. This is a real example, of how powerful the taste of fruit can be when paired with the right sauce. This is such a simple combo of ingredients, but tastes so great!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut up into pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 bosc pears
- ½ cup grinded salted pistachios
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt sugar while stirring constantly until a brownish liquid forms.
- When sugar has completely melted, add the butter and stir until well combined.
- Carefully while still stirring add the heavy cream, once all the cream has been added let the mixture boil without stirring for one minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in salt and let it cool a little.
- Dip bosc pears into warm caramel sauce, scraping off any excess from the bottom with a spoon. While the coating is still warm, coat with preferred garnishes: nuts, chopped chocolate or sprinkles. Refrigerate right away for the garnishes and coating to stick to the pears.
- I used crushed pistachios and only dipped the bottoms of the pears, its a personal preferance.
The recipe can be used for caramel dipped apples as well.