Last updated on June 18th, 2021 at 05:27 pm
Brown Butter Cookies that are chewy, soft and dense on the inside, loaded with Reese’s pieces and salted peanuts for the ultimate great taste.
They are festive and delicious, and ready in 20 minutes. My other favorite and easy to make cookies are Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Cookies and White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Cookies.
Brown Butter Cookies
Brown Butter Cookies rule the taste buds world! I am not kidding, these babies are one of the best cookies that came out of my oven and even my kid can’t get enough of them. My kid loving these is saying a LOT, as the cute little guy usually licks the powdered sugar or tries to get out the sprinkles and doesn’t even care about the cookie.
These Brown Butter Cookies where a success, first, I had so much fun with my little guy in the kitchen. He is a cute, sweet, little helper that can’t wait to lick the spatula clean. He is also very independent and insists on measuring the flour and cracking the eggs all by himself. The cookies turned moist, dense and chewy on the inside, and with Reese’s pieces in each bite! They will melt in your mouth! Absolutely must try!
Why you’ll love these Brown Butter Cookies:
- They are rich with Reese’s pieces which make them a show stopper dessert.
- Incredibly fresh and aromatic.
- Tender and buttery, the cookies melt in your mouth.
- Easy to make and cooks in 20 minutes.
- Perfect cookies for the holiday season.
- Can be made 1 or 2 days in advance so you don’t have to worry about a last minute dessert.
Brown Butter Cookies Recipe Tips:
- Melt butter over medium heat and stir it constantly, careful not to burn. The butter is done when it has a deep golden brown color. It takes about 8-11 minutes to brown the butter.
- Make sure you use room temperature eggs, adding cold eggs to the warm butter mixture, may cause some parts of the egg to cook.
- When you add the flour, don’t over-mix. Use a spatula to fold it until just combined. The dough will be shiny, with a caramel like flavor.
- You can bake the cookies without any mix-ins, or you can add chocolate chips, nuts or Reese’s pieces.
Pin This Brown Butter Cookies Recipe to your Favorite Board
How long will Brown Butter Cookies stay fresh?
The Cookies can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for about 5-7 days.
Can you store and freeze Brown Butter Cookies?
Absolutely! Cool the Brown Butter Cookies completely and fully wrap it in plastic wrap, tightly. After that wrap in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2-3 months. Defrost before serving.
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the Best Brown Butter Cookies with Reese’s:
Cookie Sheet – love this set, that it comes in three different sizes.
Brown Butter Cookies with Reese's Pieces
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 28 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Optional: 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Add 18 tablespoons of the butter to a medium skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to melt for 1 - 2 minutes. Swirl it around the pan, allowing it to brown, browning takes about 8-11 minutes, stir constantly. The butter will acquire a golden brown color and a nutty flavor.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer butter to a large, heat-safe mixing bowl. Add the remaining 10 tablespoons of butter to the melted butter, and stir gently until its all melted and combined.
- Add the sugars and vanilla extract to the butter and whisk until all combined.
- Add the eggs and egg yolks one at time, whisking after each addition.
- Allow the batter to rest for 3 minutes, then whisk for 30 seconds more. Repeat two more times, the end result should be a thick and shiny batter.
- Add the flour mixture and stir in just combined.
- Fold in Reese's pieces and salted peanuts.
- Form each cookie with 2 - 3 tablespoons of dough. Roll into a ball and flatten the cookie into a ½ inch disc.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets (optional: sprinkle cookies with brown sugar) and bake one tray at a time, 10 to 14 minutes, on the middle rack of your oven.
- Rotate baking sheet mid-baking and check the cookies after 8 minutes of baking, the edges should be golden brown. I baked my cookies for 11 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.