Very easy to make, crunchy, salty, sweet and delicious basil whipped feta filled phyllo dough shells with cherry tomatoes and roasted mini peppers.
Hello, how is your weekend going so far? I am just popping in really quick to share a very easy and delicious appetizer with you. These basil whipped feta in crunchy mini phyllo dough shells topped with cherry tomatoes or roasted mini peppers are the perfect little bites.
Basil Whipped Feta Mini Phyllo Dough Shells
- 6 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 ounces whipped cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minces)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (finally chopped )
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 15 mini phyllo dough shells
- 7 cherry tomatoes
- 8 mini sweet peppers
- fresh basil leaves ( for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking pan and spray with cooking spray. Lay down the peppers on the pan and bake for 10 minutes, turn the peppers on the other side and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Place feta and cream cheese, olive oil and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse until the cheeses are mixed and have a smooth texture.
- Stir in the chopped basil using with the help of a spoon. Add salt and pepper as you like.
- Fill each mini phyllo dough cup with basil whipped feta, top half of them with fresh cherry tomatoes and then top the remaining tarts with roasted mini peppers.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.