Bacon Corn and Sweet Peas Frittata
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A hearty bacon corn and sweet peas frittata that is loaded with cheese and lots of crispy bacon is the perfect way to start your day. This make ahead breakfast is a staple in our house.
Shall we have breakfast today? I say yes! And I am serving you a Bacon Corn and Sweet Peas Frittata and lots and lots of coffee. After all, it’s just Tuesday, so I am sure we are all in much need of some java to function this early.
This bacon corn and sweet peas frittata is a staple in our house. I am so NOT a morning person, I make myself wake up, but you know, I don’t jump out of the bed in excitement that its 6am and I can go for a run. I am so NOT that girl. That’s why a delicious breakfast that can be made in advance and will take just a few seconds to reheat is the way to go in the morning.
My bacon corn and sweet peas frittata fits the bill, it’s delicious, its loaded with cheese, and with bacon. I LOVE BACON! I truly do, so I definitely went a little heavy handed in here, but as I say: bacon makes everything better! Now, this frittata can be made the night before, and it can either be reheated in the oven if you have enough time to spare in the morning, I personally don’t. Or it can be reheated for a few seconds in the microwave for delicious, savory and hearty breakfast.
My bacon corn and sweet peas frittata is a huge favorite in our house, its loaded with sweet corn and delicious sweet peas to brighten up the bacon flavor. Piled up with cheese and can be easily served for dinner. You know how they say that breakfast for dinner its the best? Well, this is the type of breakfast that can replace your dinner, its that good!
This bacon corn and sweet peas frittata is such a time saver, I personally like to cook it on Sunday night, and we have enough for Monday and Tuesday morning breakfast. Or if you want to wake up during the weekend and have a delicious bite, cook it on Friday nigh and you are ready to start the weekend on the right foot.
- 8 ounces bacon (I used Applegate Organics)
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fontina cheese, grated + ½ cup as garnish
- 6 eggs
- ¾ heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ pepper
- 1 tomato
- fresh herbs: parley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a large (10 inch) cast iron skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon slices to the cold skillet.
- When the bacon starts to curl, turn each slice to cook on the other side. Keep flipping and turning the bacon until desired crispness is achieved. Lay the cooked pieces on a paper towel.
- Add the onion and minced garlic to the skillet with the remaining bacon grease, season with salt and pepper, and cook until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream until combined, season with a little salt and pepper and add the grated cheese.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and onion, add the sweet corn and sweet peas to the skillet. Stir the ingredients into the skillet, so they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with chopped tomatoes, grated cheese and fresh herbs.
- Store in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for a few seconds or as needed.